In the wake of growing nationwide concern over the Coronavirus outbreak, we wanted to take a moment to address some of those concerns as they pertain to Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc.
We find ourselves in a unique position: We’re a medical facility with a population of immune-compromised individuals who have come to us for addiction and alcoholism treatment, as well as for shelters and permanent housing. Our goal is to keep our employees and clients healthy.
(updated October 28, 2022)
We have continued to monitor Covid-19 rates in the community along with the latest CDC guidance for healthcare agencies, and we are now able to make some updates to ease restrictions for you in the field. After careful consideration, I am excited to report we are moving into Pandemic Recovery Status and are making the following changes, effective October 28, 2022.
Masks & Face Coverings
• Face coverings are now voluntary for staff, visitors, and persons served regardless of vaccination status in all programs across the agency. We will continue to provide surgical masks for all persons served, staff, and visitors who choose to wear a mask.
• Masks will continue to be required for five days for any staff member returning to work after quarantine for Covid-19.
• Staff will follow infection control protocols and utilize appropriate PPE when interacting or providing care to anyone with an infectious disease. If there is a Covid-19 incident at a facility, all staff will immediately utilize full PPE, including gloves, gowns, and facemasks, for the duration of the Covid-19 incident.
• Staff should continue to self-screen daily and report to their supervisor any fever or flu-like symptoms.
• Continue to screen persons served and visitors to our facilities.
• Visitation must resume at all applicable programs using the following protocols.
• Visitors must be screened using the Covid-19 Visitors Screening Form.
• Visitation will immediately cease if a potential case is reported and will resume after any identified cases have been cleared from any quarantine/isolation.
• We encourage staff to obtain and remain up to date on Covid-19 vaccines and boosters.
• All clients should be educated on and provided resources to obtain a Covid-19 and flu vaccine if they would like one.
• We should attempt to arrange Covid-19 and flu vaccination for all clients who desire the vaccines in residential programs.
• Continue to submit incident reports for any suspected or confirmed Covid-19 related event.
Please continue to follow good infection prevention strategies, such as hand hygiene. As an agency that provides essential services to vulnerable people, it is imperative that we continue to closely follow CDC recommendations for healthcare providers to ensure we keep all clients, staff, and visitors safe. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments to our strategy as necessary.
When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html
Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-after-vaccination.html